Jane D. White Lincoln graduated with a bachelor of science degree in education from Ohio University in 1939. She received as master of science degree from Wellesley in 1946. From 1949 until 1953, she served as a professor of physical education at Lake Erie College for women, teaching a variety of team and individual activities.
During this time at Lake Erie, she coached the intercollegiate field hockey team and was responsible for bringing outstanding athletes from the area and nationally known sports figures for the annual LEC Sports Day. In 1953, she became Dean of Students at Lake Erie and continued in that position until 1961. During her tenure as Dean of Students, White Lincoln was responsible for all facets of student life. She made students the number one priority on campus and was instrumental in the awarding of work scholarship. Her efforts and accomplishments were endless.
Alumnae remember her most for the tremendous creativity she used in the planning and variety of student activities on campus. Since retirement, White Lincoln has been an honored Commencement speaker, has been appointed an honorary alumna and has been presented with the Doctor of Humane letters degree from Lake Erie College.
She was elected to the Board of Trustees in 1967 and has been an honorary board member since 1978. While on the Board of Trustees, she was the instrumental force behind the construction of a new gymnasium which was dedicated on May 5, 1979, and named in her honor.
The Hall of Fame Committee of Lake Erie College recognized the work and dedication of Jane D. White Lincoln for institution and honored her as the first inductee into the Athletic Hall of Fame, May 2, 1987.