Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer
Lake Erie

Storm Surge Past Battlers

Storm Surge Past Battlers

PHILIPPI, W.v. – The Lake Erie College men's lacrosse team was in action as they were victorious over Alderson-Broaddus, 17-8.  With the win the Storm improve to 3-0 in conference play.

The Battlers jumped out to an early lead as they scored in the opening minute of the game.  About three minutes later the Storm tied the game when Patrick Bay (Canadaigua, N.Y. / Canadaigua Academy) scored an unassisted goal for the Storm.  Alderson-Broaddus regained their lead about two minutes later with a goal.  Tim Bay (Canadaigua, N.Y. / Canadaigua Academy)tied the game for the Storm off a feed from Nicholas Tschetter (Hilton, N.Y. / Aquanis Institute) with just over seven minutes remaining in the first quarter.  Back to back goals gave the Battlers a 4-2 lead with just under four minutes left in the quarter.  The Storm quickly responded with a goal by Mitchell Stokes (New Westminster, B.C. / New Westminster Secondary).  Less than a minute later the Storm tied the game at 4-4 with a Brandon Donohue (South Buffalo, N.Y. / Bishop Timon St. Jude) goal assisted by T. Bay.  The Storm took their first lead of the game with less than a minute remaining in the quarter when Connor Ward (Clarkston, Mich. / Clarkston) found the back of the net.  Edmond Renaud (Carlisle, Ont. / Waterdown District / Pfeiffer) tacked on a goal with six seconds left and gave Lake Erie a 6-4 advantage entering the second quarter. 

The Storm momentum carried over to the second quarter as T. Bay scored a man up goal early in the quarter.  50 seconds  later T. Bay found the back of the net off an assist from Donohue to give the Storm an 8-4 lead.  About a minute later the combination of T. Bay and Donohue provided another goal for Lake Erie.  The Storm took a 10-4 advantage when Gavin Caulfield (West Seneca, N.Y. / Bishop Timon-St. Jude) scored for the Storm with just over 11 minutes remaining in the half.  About 40 seconds later Micah Daigle (Erie, Pa. / McDowell) added to the Storm lead when he scored an unassisted goal.  The final 10 minutes of the half were scoreless and Lake Erie entered the intermission ahead, 11-4.

The Battlers opened the scoring in the third quarter with back to back goals to cut the Storm lead to 11-6.   Lake Erie quickly responded with two goals of their own when Tschetter and Ward each found the back of the net.   After nearly three minutes of scoreless action Alderson-Broaddus scored a goal and cut the Storm lead to 13-7.  Lake Erie scored late in the third quarter when Renaud found the back of the net and gave the Storm a 14-7 lead entering the fourth quarter.     

The fourth quarter started as a defensive battle as the first seven minutes were scoreless.  The Storm opened the fourth quarter scoring when P. Bay scored off a feed from Renaud.  30 seconds later Lake Erie made the score 16-7 as Ward scored a man up goal off an assist from T. Bay.  James Chaddwick (Amherst, N.Y. / Amherst Central) found the back of the net and provided the Storm with a 10 goal advantage with just over six minutes remaining in the game.  The Battlers scored a late goal but the Storm maintained a comfortable lead and won, 17-8. 

The Storm was led by T. Bay as he had a team high four goals, two assists, and picked up four groundballs.  Ward pitched in with three goals, an assist, and a groundball for the Storm.  P. Bay added a pair of goals in the game for the Storm.   

Lake Erie will be back in action Sunday (April 2) when they travel to take on Davis and Elkins with the game set to start at 1 p.m.