Tiffin Dragons (2-8, 1-7 GLIAC)
Lake Erie Storm (3-7, 2-6 GLIAC)
Nov. 16, 2013 | 1 p.m. | Jack Britt Memorial Stadium (Painesville, Ohio)
Series: Lake Erie leads, 2-1
Last Meeting: Nov. 10, 2012 (Tiffin won, 34-14, in Tiffin, Ohio)
- GLIAC Football Homepage
- GLIAC Weekly Preview
- GLIAC Football Media Day Central
- 2013 GLIAC Media Guide
- Follow @GLIACFootball on Twitter
- LIVE Scoreboard
Tiffin in town for season finale
Lake Erie closes out 2013 campaign with home tilt against Dragons
PAINESVILLE, Ohio -- Lake Erie will wrap up its 2013 season with a home contest against the Dragons of Tiffin University on Saturday. The Storm heads into the game off a loss at No. 8 Ohio Dominican last Saturday. In that contest, a high-flying Storm offense was laid low by the top defense in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and the host Panthers rode a slew of big plays to their 14th consecutive victory dating back to last season.
The Dragons head into the 2013 finale off a 49-30 loss to Ashland a week ago. Tiffin has lost three in a row since scoring 60 points in a non-conference game on Oct. 19.
The Storm and the Dragons have met three times before -- LEC leads the all-time series, two games to one, but TU was the victor a year ago, downing the Storm, 34-14, in Tiffin, Ohio.
Saturday represents Senior Day for the Lake Erie program. The game will mark the final collegiate action for nine players, including three Storm starters (QB BRENDAN GALLAGHER, TE COLE GORDON and LT MIKE PRICE).
- Lake Erie is 3-2 in five home games in 2013. The three victories in Painesville mark the most the Storm has produced in a single season since going 4-1 at home in 2009.
- The Storm has tallied 189 points at home, averaging 37.8 points per contest. The offense has averaged 550.8 total yards per game in the friendly confines of Jack Britt Memorial Stadium. The Green & White have been a balanced bunch at home, averaging 293.4 yards per game on the ground and 257.4 yards through the air.
- Ten of the team's 14 sacks this season have come in home tilts.
- RB ANTHONY BILAL and QB Brendan Gallagher have put up big rushing numbers on the Britt Stadium ProGrass MondoTurf this season. Bilal has rushed for 806 yards at home, collecting 6.2 yards per carry. Gallagher has rushed for 372 yards at home, averaging 5.9 yards per attempt.
WINS ARE A PLUS
- Lake Erie is a minus-6 this season in turnover margin. The Storm has 15 takeaways against 21 giveaways.
- In their three victories, the Green & White are a combined plus-8. (In its losses, LEC is a minus-14.)
# # # STORM # # #