In order to formally recognize and pay tribute to outstanding former athletes and coaches and other individuals who have contributed to the heritage and tradition of the College’s athletic program and reputation and who, through the years, continued to demonstrate in their daily lives core values learned in intercollegiate athletics, the Lake Erie College Athletic Hall of Fame was established.
- The Screening Committee shall by comprised of:
- Director of Athletics
- Senior Women’s Administrator
- Assistant Athletic Director for External Operations
- Director of Alumni Relations
- Two current members of the Storm Coaching staff (serving a two-year term) chosen at the discretion of the Director of Athletics and senior staff
- Athletic Council representative.
- A student-athlete must be at least a First Team All-Conference and/or All-District/All-Region selection. All-Americans and National Champions are automatically eligible for consideration.
- A student-athlete is eligible to be considered for induction following a minimum of five years from the student-athlete’s last date of enrollment. This requirement may be waived under special circumstances, as approved by a majority vote of the Hall of Fame Screening Committee.
- Any member serving on the Hall of Fame Screening or Voting Committees cannot be considered eligible for induction during his/her term.
- Coaches and administrators shall be eligible based on accomplishments or contributions to the program.
- All decisions relative to special admittance shall be made by the Hall of Fame committee.
TIME OF ELECTION
The Hall of Fame class (athletes & coach/administrator) will be honored at the annual Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony tentatively slated for a designated weekend in February.